Volunteer Day at Lakeshore Nature Preserve
August 20 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm CDT
Join other volunteers to help care for the Lakeshore Nature Preserve. Learn about the natural world in a beautiful and beloved landscape, meet new people or visit with old friends, get fresh air and exercise. Activities could include removing invasive plants, maintaining trails, planting, seed collecting, or more. Meet at Frautschi Point parking lot, Lake Mendota Drive, Madison, WI 53705, USA (map)
There is no pre-registration needed. The event starts at 9 a.m. and ends at noon. Please note:
- Tools and gloves provided.
- Long pants and closed-toe shoes required.
- Work will take place outdoors, off trail, and on uneven terrain.
- See How to Dress for volunteering for more details.
- Bring your own drinking water.
- Toilet facilities are limited. Use before arriving.
- Please arrive on-time as we will be walking from the meeting place to the work site.
- Cancelled in case of steady precipitation or severe weather–high winds, thunder/lightning, extreme heat or cold.
Contact the Volunteer Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, or 608-220-5560 for more information.