More than any other topic, frontline employees ask for advice on how to serve angry and upset customers. This course reveals proven techniques for effectively neutralizing negative situations. Customer service expert Jeff Toister also shares specific actions employees can take before and after encounters with upset customers that will reduce the likelihood of problems occurring in the future.
- Listening with empathy
- Helping the customer be right
- Preserving the relationship
- Learning from angry customers
- Passing along complaints
- Replacing trigger words
In this course, learn skills and techniques for providing outstanding internal customer service to colleagues within your organization. Jeff Toister shares how to build positive workplace relationships, communicate effectively, and serve coworkers who can be difficult to work with. He also provides techniques for managing—and exceeding—expectations for internal service, and solving problems quickly and effectively.
- Distinguishing between internal and external customer service
- Creating positive workplace relationships
- Working with difficult coworkers
- Practicing active listening to uncover your customers’ needs
- Managing internal customer expectations
- Anticipating problems
- Defusing angry colleagues
- Adjusting your workplace attitude