Cybersecurity Awareness Training is part of your employment obligation and is required per the UW System Board of Regents.
Take The Training:
Log in to the training platform and complete the two required parts to the Cybersecurity Awareness Training:
- Go to https://madison.drip7.com/
- Click the “Log In Using NetID” button.
- Click the red “Login” button.
- Enter your NetID username and password
- Complete the required training
Note: Clicking the red “Login” button may automatically log you in to the training if you already logged in to another UW–Madison service with your NetID.
- Read and acknowledge the Acceptable Use of Information Technology Resources Policy in the training platform. Once completed, you will earn the Acceptable Use Policy badge.
- Answer the next 20 questions in the training platform. This provides you with the 2021 Cybersecurity Awareness Training badge. Earning both badges will complete your requirement.
There Are Two Training Options Available To Campus:
- Option #1: A highly visual and interactive Cybersecurity Awareness Training delivered through the Drip7 platform. You can complete this training in approximately 20 minutes. This training is less accessible to people with visual and motor disabilities.
- Option #2: A text-based Cybersecurity Awareness Training delivered in Canvas by the UW–Madison Office of Cybersecurity. This training is very accessible to all users, including those with disabilities.
If you’d like more information you can check out the Cybersecurity Training Website.
Cybersecurity Awareness Training for all faculty and staff (excluding graduate and undergraduate student employees) rolls out beginning April 26, and must be completed by June 30, 2021.
- Employees must complete Cybersecurity Awareness Training by June 30th, 2021.
- New employees must complete Cybersecurity Awareness Training within the first 30 days of their employment.
- This will become an annual training.