It’s no secret, being active is good for your health. When you move more, you stay energized, maintain strength, reduce the risk of heart disease, and relieve stress. Being active doesn’t have to mean going to the gym every day. In fact, research finds that walking 10,000 steps a day meets the recommended goal for daily activity.
Engage others within your FP&M unit, be a team captain OR convince a colleague to be a team captain*, track your steps individually on the Personal Step Log, motivate each other to get your steps, and add them together for a team GRAND TOTAL. Bragging rights within FP&M are on the line.
* The team captain is responsible for submitting your team’s final step totals to the Wellness Committee.
How to Participate
- Commit to tracking your steps for 10 working days. (The first step is always the hardest…)
- Organize a team and appoint a team captain.
- Register your team using this Google Form.
- Print out the attached Personal Step Log for each team member.
- Track your steps beginning Monday, September 17 for the next 10 working days.
- Submit total Week 1 steps and Grand Total steps to your captain by October 1.
- Pat yourself on the back, add it to your resume, and brag it up!
- September Step Challenge: 10 Days and 100,000 Steps (Flyer)
- Personal Step Log
- Steps Conversion Chart