Save the Date!
Save the Date for the 2019 FP&M Employee Awards Receptions!
The FP&M Employee Recognition Selection Committee is currently reviewing all of the nominations. Award recipients will be announced in mid-July.
Employee Recognition Awards Reception (FIRST SHIFT)
Wednesday, August 14, 2019 | 1:00 pm—2:30 pm
Employee Recognition Awards Reception (SECOND/THIRD SHIFT)
Thursday, August 15, 2019 | 11:00 pm—12:30 am
Employees should check with their supervisors before attending. Work units are encouraged to be flexible in allowing employees to attend.
All FP&M employees are eligible for the division-wide awards, regardless of employee class or category. There is no minimum length of service required for eligibility.
The second annual FP&M Employee Recognition Awards will be scheduled during August 2019.
About the Awards
The FP&M Employee Recognition Awards are an opportunity for anyone to recognize FP&M employees, both as individuals and teams, for their outstanding contributions in providing excellence in facilities and services for our university community. These awards are supported by the Vice Chancellor for Finance and Administration and Facilities Planning & Management.
The FP&M Employee Recognition Award program is the first initiative created by the Employee Recognition work team, based on their own recommendations. This collaborative effort took into account a wide range of perspectives in addition to EID survey results, including qualitative interviews and workplace best practices.
FP&M employee recognition awards fall into five categories, each of which focuses on a different aspect of excellence in facilities and services.
For more information, check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
Recognize people who work together to achieve a common goal. Nominate people who:
- Maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, supervisors, or customers
- Encourage teamwork by recognizing and promoting employee strengths
- Recognize the strengths of all employees and encourage teamwork
- Collaborate and cooperate when solving problems
- Support UW-Madison values to achieve positive results together
Recognize a person who builds positive relationships and gives customers more than what they expect. Nominate a person who:
- Uses personal expertise and customer feedback to solve problems
- Handles customer concerns or customer requests quickly and effectively
- Has a respectful and friendly attitude with all customers
- Manages challenging customer service situations in a way that upholds UW-Madison values
Recognize a person who uses inventive solutions to improve ideas or processes. Nominate a person who:
- Embraces change as an opportunity for improvement and continuous learning
- Participates in collaborative problem-solving and comes up with practical solutions
- Ensures a safe and healthy campus and work environment by following established procedures and protocols for their job functions at all times
- Independently finds and uses sustainable, effective, and efficient resources
Recognize a person who has made significant everyday contributions to their workplace and UW-Madison. Nominate a person who:
- Demonstrates integrity by being trustworthy, respectful, and accountable
- Consistently works towards team success
- Performs work accurately and follows professional standards
- Promotes high standards for honesty, responsibility, and perseverance
- Shares job-related knowledge and available resources with others
- Follows through on commitments
Going Above and Beyond
Recognize a person for contributions beyond their job description. Nominate a person who:
- Acts in a way that positively influences the entire group or energy
- Does more than the job description requires (i.e., volunteering)
- Takes initiative to respond to difficult or unexpected events
- Exceeds goals and expectations
- Promotes employee morale and integrity in the workplace
About Employee Recognition
Everyone wants to feel valued and appreciated for their hard work and dedication to the university. Recognizing employee contributions also helps solidify relationships and fosters employee engagement. Recognizing this, FP&M has developed and implemented both a formal recognition program and encouraged informal recognition opportunities in order to actively support our employees.
Driven by Survey Results
FP&M participates in the Engagement, Inclusion & Diversity (EID) Survey every two years to provide employees with an opportunity to provide feedback about FP&M as a workplace. Recognition-related scores have improved since the first survey in 2012, but favorable ratings still hover around 50 percent and the unfavorable ratings are some of the highest division-wide for the entire survey.
These survey results prompted the FP&M EID Team to include Employee Recognition as a Key Action Item in the 2016-17 EID plan. FP&M formed an Employee Recognition work team with representation from across the division to identify specific areas for improvement and make recommendations for initiatives aimed at recognizing FP&M employees for their contributions to the division and the university.
The Employee Recognition work team continues to lead FP&M’s employee recognition conversation to improve recognition across campus.
Nominations are open from April 22 to June 1, 2019.April 22, 2019
Employee, team, and supervisor of the quarter for the Physical Plant.November 16, 2018
Photos from the second/third shift ice cream social.August 13, 2018
Employee, team, and supervisor of the quarter for the Physical Plant.July 27, 2018
Awards will be presented at a pair of ceremonies on August 21, 2018.July 24, 2018
- More Recognition posts