September has arrived yet again…time for the FP&M Wellness Committee ‘STEP’tember challenge!
10,000,000 steps: TOTAL FP&M GOAL
174,000 steps: PER PERSON TOTAL GOAL
5,800 steps: PER PERSON AVERAGE DAILY GOAL
We’ve been testing systems and methods to track steps this past off-season and think we’ve found a keeper.
Introducing ‘Count.It’. A free online platform that connects your fitness tracking devices and apps, and converts them into a daily “Count It Score.”
We’ve set up a UW Facilities Planning & Management Group and we’re in this together (sorry no teams, since we’re using the free platform)…but did we mention, we’re in this together!
1. Go to the Count.It website: https://go.wisc.edu/fpm-steptember
2. Create an account (name, email, password)
3. Connect your preferred fitness tracking devices or download and sync the Count.It app.
4. Voila! You should see yourself as a member of the UW Facilities Planning & Management group.
5. Start stepping to contribute to the FP&M goals!*
* While the free Count.It platform does not allow you to enter steps manually (i.e. equivalents for biking, dancing, cleaning the house, etc.), you can manually enter steps in your IOS/Android device, which will sync into Count.It. Use the conversion sheet (found in the event link) for reference when turning activities into steps.