It’s that time of year. The FP&M Wellness Committee is making subscription-based Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) farm shares available at 30 N. Mills Street, once again partnering with farmers Elisabeth and Steven of Steadfast Acres.
Delivery begins in June, 2020 and runs through October.
Sign up now!
Why sign up for a CSA? Here is what one of last year’s participants had to say.
“The CSA was great because it was so convenient to get fresh produce delivered to me at work.”
-Alex Frank, Office of Sustainability
Some pertinent details
- Steadfast Acres offers four different shares (large and small, weekly and bi-weekly) that range in price from $285-$645.
- Shares will be delivered June-October on Thursdays, with pick up between 1-5pm
- Pickup will be the First Floor break room (room 118), 30 N. Mills St. Access this room directly from the parking lot on the south side (McDonald’s side) of the building.
- Signing up and paying for shares is handled entirely by Steadfast Acres via their website.
- This program is open to all FP&M employees, not just those that work in 30 N. Mills St!
The CSA box…allowed me to be more creative with my cooking. Each box contained several staple veggies like onions, tomatoes or mixed greens. But then there would be a veggie I’d never used before and they were always amazing… The box is easy to use…you get an email with the contents of your box and a few recipe suggestions so you can plan a few meals ahead of time. Such a good purchase.
-Kate Miller, Office of Human Resources, 2019 CSA participant
Sign up now!
Don’t hesitate…Steadfast Acres has a few farm shares still available!
- If you are a second-shift or third-shift employee and want to participate:
- Sign up as directed below
- Next, contact Bryn Scriver (email@example.com)
Bryn can arrange temporary Wiscard access to 30 N. Mills St. so that you can pick up your share outside the normal pick-up hours!
How to Join the CSA
FP&M employees can follow these instructions to join:
- Navigate to the Steadfast Acres website
- Read about the various share and delivery options.
- Choose one of the following three payment options:
The payment options allow you to pay in full or to pay for part of the share now and then be billed for the remaining balance. Make sure to choose “FP&M (Employees Only)” as your site pickup location.
4. Enjoy your vegetables!