Faculty, Academic Staff and Limited Appointees (FAASLI) must use all personal holiday and floating legal holiday hours on or before June 30 or they will be lost. FAASLI staff (who will not be given the option to bank hours) who currently have a balance of vacation carryover hours from the previous fiscal year must use it by June 30 or it will be lost. University Staff have until December 31, 2022 to use personal holiday, legal holiday and vacation carryover.
Banking leave- Academic Staff
- FAASLI staff with 12-month appointments are eligible to bank unused vacation carryover and vacation into a banked leave account after they have completed 10 or more years of continuous service.
- FAASLI are first eligible to bank up to 40 hours of vacation at the start of the fiscal year following 10 years of service
- FAASLI are eligible to bank up to 80 hours of vacation at the start of the 26th fiscal year of employment.
Banking of leave comes from an employee’s vacation carryover and vacation balances on June 30.
- Vacation carryover balances as of June 30 that cannot be banked will be lost.
- Employees will be able to view their banking eligibility in “Time and Absence” in MyUW from July 1-Sept 30.
- Banked leave conversion must be entered by Sept 30, 2022.
- Entries should be made in My UW/Time and Absence with an effective date 07/01/2022-09/30/22. Choose “convert vacation to banked leave”.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com