Ready to “Step” into Spring?
The FP&M Wellness team is excited to bring back the step challenge during the month of April 2023. This is a great way to be active and connect with your team. Participate to see how much you’ve been walking around campus, or go walking with a co-worker to brainstorm while soaking in the fresh air. View and print flyer.
Will you help the FP&M team reach its goal of 10,000,000 steps?
The FP&M Step Challenge is a collaborative effort for FP&M employees to walk a total of 10,000,000 steps together as a division. See this flyer to print and spread the word with co-workers. The challenge begins on April 1, 2023 and goes through April 30, 2023. See how to track your steps and get connected in the How to join sections below to participate in the Step Challenge!
New this year: Crazylegs team challenge
What a good way to get your steps in! Participate in Crazylegs Classic for an optional 2-mi. walk or an 8k run/walk on April 29. Find details to sign up for the FP&M Crazylegs Team below.
How to Join Step Challenge
— if this is your first time participating
Welcome to the FP&M Step Challenge! Sign up before April 1, 2023 following these instructions. We use the Count.It app, a free online platform where you can track your steps seamlessly into a daily Count It Score. Join and track steps through your fitness tracker, or manually* log activities.
- Go to the FP&M group on the Count.It website
- Create an account with your wisc.edu email address. Be sure that your full name is listed in your account so that we know who is participating and can give you credit in the results.
- Join the UW Facilities Planning & Management group.
- Enter group activation code: d3e833bf when prompted
- Connect your preferred fitness tracking devices or download and sync the Count.It app.*
- You should now see yourself listed as a member of the UW Facilities Planning & Management Count.It group.
- Start stepping to contribute to the FP&M step goals, and track your progress along the way!
The challenge begins on April 1, 2023 and goes through April 30, 2023. *See the Conversion Chart to manually log activities without a fitness tracker.
— if you’ve done the FP&M Step Challenge in the past
- Go to FP&M Count.It group website. Log in with your existing account using your @wisc.edu email address. Be sure that your full name is listed in your account so that we know who is participating and give you credit in the results.
- Select the UW Facilities Planning & Management group. If prompted, enter group activation code: d3e833bf
- Start stepping to contribute to the FP&M step goals, and track your progress along the way! The challenge begins on April 1, 2023 and goes through April 30, 2023.
Conversion Chart (Step Challenge)
No fitness tracker? No problem. You can manually enter steps in your Apple iOS or Android device to synch into Count.It. Use the conversion chart for reference when turning activities into steps (equivalents for biking, dancing, cleaning the house, etc.) Note: the free Count.It app itself does not allow you to enter steps manually. Use the Conversion Chart to manually convert your activities into Steps-Per-Minute (SPM).
Crazylegs Classic Team Challenge
Register by April 14 | $35 – $45
Get involved with the spring step challenge by participating in the Crazylegs FP&M Team Challenge.
Saturday, April 29, 2023
Choose from a 2-mile walk ($35) or 8K run/walk ($45).*
Sign up for Crazylegs under the Facilities Planning & Management Fun and Fitness Team to get the team discount, complimentary Crazylegs t-shirt and Bucky Badger cooling towel. Register by April 14 to participate!
*not including processing fees
Can I join the FP&M Crazylegs Team if I’ve already registered for Crazylegs on my own?
Yes, you can!
How to Transfer to a Fun & Fitness Team
- Sign into your existing account on RunSignUp.com
- Select Event
- Select Manage Registration
- Select Transfer Event
- Select Fun & Fitness 8k Run or 2 Mile Walk
- Select Join an Existing Team
- Select Facilities Planning & Management Fun & Fitness Team
Sign up for the free Step Challenge before April 1, 2023.
Register for the optional Crazylegs Classic FP&M team, 2-mile walk or 8K run, April 29, 2023.
Spread the word to encourage others at FP&M by printing copies for your area.