A 45 minute overview of the resources provided by LifeMatters.
You can support career management by coaching employees and creating a plan to achieve career-related goals. Consider your employees’ individual skills, strengths, and professional goals, and align them with UW–Madison strategic plans.
PMDP provides managers and employees the structure to have frequent, meaningful conversations about expectations, goals and growth opportunities. This module is intended to assist Supervisors with the basics concrete items to do in order to set you and the employee up for success.
Understand expectation/steps for scheduling a performance conversation
Understand expectation/steps for preparing a performance conversation
Understand expectation/steps during a performance conversation meeting
Apply opportunities outlined to prepare and encourage employee participation in performance conversations
Implement your own strategy of preparation using the basics from this training
This module will help you understand, manage, and resolve interpersonal conflicts and tensions. As a result of this module, you will:
• Identify how people tend to respond to conflict situations and describe the characteristics of interpersonal conflict
• Demonstrate techniques for handling anger and negative emotions that arise in conflict situations
• Create and practice an action plan for addressing a personal conflict
This workshop is designed to help all employees of UW – Madison learn how to provide quality and effective feedback any time that the message is due. Whether feedback is formal or informal, provided to employees, peers or someone else, there are ways that it can be structured to be effective and lasting. Join us in this interactive workshop where we will learn and apply a 5 step process to effectively deliver a message so that people understand it and make changes that may be needed.
Upon completion participants will be able to:
• Define what feedback is and explain what makes it effective
• Apply a 5 step framework for providing feedback
• Identify and apply techniques in delivering difficult messages
According to Gallup, 50% of US adults have left their job to get away from their manager. In Principles of Supervision and Management (PSM), a certificate program for managers and supervisors, learn practical skills to support your team and be a manager/supervisor employees want to work for! Learn and practice skills to create and maintain a healthy, inclusive, and engaging work environment for employees. Manager and supervisor effectiveness in creating an environment which supports employees’ success is crucial to support UW–Madison’s mission “to create, integrate, transfer, and apply knowledge through innovative programs of research, teaching, and public service.”
This module will help you with the skills and tools to effectively lead a group or team through change. As a result of this module, you will:
• Understand the key characteristics of each type of change
• Describe and identify the phases of transition in change
• Determine the mindsets of people in change and how to address each
• Follow the steps of a planned change model
• Practice applying change management concepts