It’s that time of year. FP&M Wellness is bringing you Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) farm shares, available for pickup at 30 N. Mills Street.
We are once again partnering with farmers Elisabeth and Steven of Steadfast Acres for exclusive access to the FP&M delivery point.
CSA shares are delivered June – October 2021 for employees who sign up for a subscription.
The sign-up period ends on April 22. Shares tend to sell out in March, so act quickly if you would like to participate!
Why sign up?
Why sign up for a CSA? Here is what one of last year’s participants had to say.
“Splitting a CSA share with another co-worker or two made it easy to try one. We explored the new foods together and were able to eat everything. 😊”
-Mari Lynn Haugh
I like that I’m supporting local farmers and getting deliciously fresh veggies. They also provide storage tips and recipes with each delivery.
Sharing a CSA lot provided an opportunity to bond with colleagues and try new food.
- Pickup will be the First Floor break room (room 118), 30 N. Mills St.
- This program is open to all FP&M employees, not just those that work in 30 N. Mills St!
- We were grateful that in 2020 we were able to adapt our CSA pickup process for campus COVID-19 health & safety protocols and will continue to do so this year.
According to Farmer Elisabeth,
“More people eating directly from farmers, or less people going out to reduce virus transmission make big impacts on our community. It also means a healthier population.”
How to sign up
You can pay in full now, or pay for part of the share now and then be billed for the remaining balance.
If you are a second-shift or third-shift employee:
- Sign up as directed below
- Next, contact Bryn Scriver (email@example.com) to arrange temporary WisCard access to 30 N. Mills St. so that you can pick up your share outside of the pick-up hours.
All employees: follow these instructions to join:
- Navigate to the Steadfast Acres website
- Read about the various share and delivery options.
- Select share and make sure to choose “FP&M (Employees Only)” as your site pickup location.
- Choose payment options: pay in full, 50% down, or pay 1/3 now with two more payments. Contact the farmer for a pay-by-mail option.
- Enjoy your vegetables!
For more information about Steadfast Acres, visit their website. If you have questions about the CSA initiative, please contact Bryn Scriver at firstname.lastname@example.org.