Participation has waned a bit with some employees working from home during the pandemic. The committee wants to know: is this service — fresh, local produce delivered right to campus — something that FP&M employees would like to see continue?
Please indicate your interest by contacting Bryn Scriver by Feb 3 at email@example.com or 608-220-5560.
If there is enough interest the committee will continue to provide this program and will let interested employees know that they can sign up with the farm!
How does it work?
- Steadfast Acres offers three different size weekly shares (large, medium, and petite) that range in price from $375-$800.
- New this year are customizable shares! Each week you can log in to see the farmer’s choice and make adjustments by choosing the items you want.
- Shares will be delivered June – October on Thursdays, with pick-up between 1 – 5 pm.
- In the past, pick-up has been at 30 N. Mills St. The plan is to continue to deliver to this location.
- Signing up and paying for shares is handled entirely by Steadfast Acres via their website.
- This program is open to all FP&M employees, on any shift, and not just those that work in 30 N. Mills St!
Here is what past participants had to say.
“The CSA was great because it was so convenient to get fresh produce delivered to me at work.”
-Alex Frank, Office of Sustainability
“The CSA box … allowed me to be more creative with my cooking. Each box contained several staple veggies like onions, tomatoes or mixed greens. But then there would be a veggie I’d never used before and they were always amazing… The box is easy to use…you get an email with the contents of your box and a few recipe suggestions so you can plan a few meals ahead of time. Such a good purchase.”
-Kate Miller, Office of Human Resources, 2019 CSA participant