Partners in Giving is now in full swing. Running from October 12 – November 27, this is the one time per year to consider making an impact in our communities through combined charitable giving as a state of Wisconsin employee.
This year has hit so many especially hard. Even the smallest donations make big impacts. Here are a few ways those dollars go the distance.
Giving to Community Shares of Wisconsin, an umbrella organization, allows the group to distribute funds where they are most needed in the community.
- $1 per pay period buys enough fresh, local, and sustainably grown vegetables for 24 local lunches in Madison schools through REAP Food Program.
- $5 a month provides 3 blind or visually impaired people with a white cane through Wisconsin Council of the Blind & Visually Impaired.
Giving to the Hunger Relief Fund helps ensure our communities are nourished.
- $1 per pay period supplies specialized infant formula for an at-risk baby.
- $10 a month assures supper for 12 poor children during the summer.
Conservation minded? Consider giving to EarthShare
- $1 per pay period adopts an acre of land in Dane County for stream, wetland, or oak savannah restoration.
- $5 a month helps conserve native habitat and farmlands in the Driftless Area for the health and well-being of current and future generations.