Become an authorized driver before travel

FP&M Business Operations has released new information about the process of becoming an authorized driver. Before renting a vehicle, using*icon: red automobile* a fleet vehicle or driving a personal car for work, employees must become an authorized driver through Risk Management.

Starting July 1, 2024, no exceptions will be made for driving related expense reimbursements if approval to become an authorized driver is received after you travel. Check the Risk Management website to view your authorization status. In addition, save the UW Traveler’s Checklist and contact the FP&M Business Office with additional questions.