The UW–Madison Police Department is actively investigating recent campus burglaries, including at two FP&M buildings. Anyone with information is urged to contact UWPD at (608) 264-2677.
How to protect yourself
Nothing is failsafe, but there are steps you can take to protect yourself from similar crimes:
- Secure your belongings. It takes just seconds for someone to steal your property.
- If you cannot lock your valuables when leaving a room or public area, take them with you – even if you will only be gone for a short period of time.
- If an entrance to a suite or floor is closed and locked, do not prop it open.
- Be aware of suspicious activity such as a person trying to open various doors to see if they are unlocked. Report such activity to police.
- If you witness a burglary in progress, call 911 immediately.
- See more information about Clery Act implementation at UW–Madison. You can also view more information on UW-Madison Crime Warnings, including frequently asked questions.
See the UW-Madison Police Department’s website for more information on staying safe on campus, in the surrounding community, and in real world situations.