Thank you for the excellent work that you do every day. Today, each of us has an opportunity to tell the story of this great work and celebrate the many ways that you help keep our campus running 24/7/365.
It is time to recognize FP&M employees for the 2022 Facilities Planning & Management (FP&M) Employee Recognition Awards!
Whose efforts stood out in the past year? Please consider nominating a co-worker or team by the deadline of April 18, 2022.
- All FP&M employees are eligible to be nominated and receive an award.
- Individual employees, teams, and workgroups are eligible for an award — even if they have been nominated in the past by you or someone else.
- You may choose to recognize someone from another department or your own.
- Supervisors can nominate employees or fellow co-workers.
- Employees can nominate fellow co-workers, teammates, or supervisors.
What are the awards?
The FP&M Employee Recognition Awards highlight FP&M employees for their outstanding contributions. Employees who receive an award have demonstrated their excellence time and again. The awards program showcases diverse, noteworthy contributions and recognizes FP&M employees for teamwork, creative solutions, customer service, innovation, commitment to excellence, and exceeding the expectations of their position.
Thank you, again, to last year’s award winners: the Lakeshore Nature Preserve Team (Teamwork Award) from Facility Planning & Delivery, Zhaleh Noubari (Customer Service Award) from the Physical Plant, Hagos Beyra (Unsung Individual Award) from the Physical Plant, Don Barrette (AVC Excellence Award) from Transportation Services, Maddie Wojciuk (Above and Beyond) from Environment, Health & Safety; and Jeff Templin (Creative Solutions Award) from the Physical Plant.
Who will be awarded in 2022? That is up to you!
There are five types of awards:
- Teamwork Award – Recognize people who work together to achieve a common goal.
- Customer Service Award – Recognize a person who builds positive relationships and gives customers more than what they expect.
- Going Above and Beyond Award – Recognize a person for contributions beyond their job description.
- Unsung Individual Award – Recognize a person who has made significant everyday contributions to their workplace and UW–Madison.
- Creative Solutions Award – Recognize a person who uses inventive solutions to improve ideas or processes.
- To recognize a colleague for their work
- To engage in something well-meaning and inclusive
- To help educate each other about the diverse work and people of FP&M
- To show gratitude for those who represent FP&M with excellence
Employees who were nominated in the past report feeling motivated, inspired, appreciated, and encouraged.
For more information, please visit: https://inside.fpm.wisc.edu/employee-recognition/2022-employee-recognition-awards/
To nominate one of your co-workers, please visit https://inside.fpm.wisc.edu/employee-recognition/nomination/
Have questions? Need help? Email the Recognition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Nominations are due by April 18, 2022.
The deadline is just around the corner. Your nomination can make a difference! Thank you for your consideration in recognizing the great work of FP&M employees. We look forward to seeing all of the nominations and celebrating your great work at the awards over the summer.