You nominated them, now see who won!
The 2022 Employee Recognition Awards event will be held in-person.
Join us at Gordon Dining & Event Center on Monday, July 18. There will be two sessions to accommodate all shifts at 10:00 am – 11:30 am and at 11 pm – 12:30 am. All FP&M employees are encouraged to join one of the event sessions during paid work time. You can download an event flyer (.pdf file) to print and share.
What is it all about?
The Facilities Planning & Management (FP&M) Employee Recognition Awards are presented annually to teams or individual employees whose efforts made a difference over a period of time. Hear about their stories. Join in celebrating the award recipients at the 2022 FP&M Employee Recognition Awards!
Monday, July 18, 2022
10 – 11:30 am
Gordon Dining & Event Center
Download an Outlook appointment (.ics file) to save the morning event in your calendar.
Late Night Event
Monday, July 18, 2022
11 pm-12:30 am
Gordon Dining & Event Center
Download an Outlook appointment (.ics file) to save the late night event in your calendar.
About the Awards
What are the Recognition Awards?
This program showcases diverse, noteworthy contributions and recognizes FP&M employees for exceeding the expectations of their position.
All FP&M employees are eligible for an award.
The Employee Recognition Awards highlight FP&M employees, both as individuals and teams, for their outstanding contributions over time in providing excellence in facilities and services for our university community.
FP&M works behind the scenes to maintain and operate buildings and grounds, supply utility services, ensure health and safety, coordinate campus planning, manage design and construction, and provide parking and transportation services.
The departments at FP&M include Environment, Health & Safety, Transportation Services, Physical Plant, Office of Sustainability, Office of the Associate Vice Chancellor, and Facility Planning & Delivery
Who can submit a nomination?
FP&M’s campus customers, which include anyone who works, studies, visits, or lives on campus. Students, co-workers, employees, supervisors, leadership, faculty, or any other members of the UW-Madison community may nominate someone for an award.
The FP&M Employee Recognition Awards are one way to thank and recognize extraordinary efforts. Nominate an individual employee or team.
Nominate for next year’s Awards
Award winners from prior years
Want to know who has already received an award? See all of the awesome past award winners:
See more photos and videos of prior year’s awards to learn about some of the extraordinary efforts that have been recognized in years past!
2021 Awards Video
2020 Awards Video
This program showcases diverse, noteworthy contributions and recognizes FP&M employees for teamwork, creative solutions, customer service, commitment to excellence, and exceeding the expectations of their position.
All FP&M employees are eligible for an award in one of the five categories. Learn about the different award categories shown in the accordion menu below. (Click the “+” to expand and read more):
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
Teamwork Award Criteria
Recognize people who work together to achieve a common goal. Nominate a coworker or team that:
- Maintains effective working relationships with coworkers, supervisors, or customers
- Encourages teamwork by recognizing and promoting employee strengths
- Acknowledges the strengths of all employees and encourages teamwork
- Collaborates and cooperates when solving problems
- Supports UW-–Madison values to achieve positive results together
Customer Service Award
Customer Service Award Criteria
Recognize a person or team who builds positive relationships and gives customers more than what they expect. Nominate someone who:
- Uses personal expertise and customer feedback to solve problems
Handles customer concerns or customer requests quickly and effectively
- Has a respectful and friendly attitude with all customers
- Manages challenging customer service situations in a way that upholds UW–Madison values
Going Above and Beyond Award
Going Above and Beyond Award Criteria
Recognize a person or team for contributions beyond their job description. Nominate someone who:
- Acts in a way that positively influences the entire group or energy
- Does more than the job description requires (i.e., volunteering)
- Takes initiative to respond to difficult or unexpected events
- Exceeds goals and expectations
- Promotes employee morale and integrity in the workplace
Unsung Individual Award
Unsung Individual Award Criteria
Recognize a person or team who has made significant everyday contributions to their workplace and UW-Madison. Nominate someone who:
- Demonstrates integrity by being trustworthy, respectful, and accountable
- Consistently works towards team success
- Performs work accurately and follows professional standards
- Promotes high standards for honesty, responsibility, and perseverance
- Shares job-related knowledge and available resources with others
- Follows through on commitments
Creative Solutions Award
Creative Solutions Award Criteria
Recognize a person or team who uses inventive solutions to improve ideas or processes. Nominate someone who:
- Embraces change as an opportunity for improvement and continuous learning
- Participates in collaborative problem-solving and comes up with practical solutions
- Ensures a safe and healthy campus and work environment by following established procedures and protocols for their job functions at all times
- Independently finds and uses sustainable, effective, and efficient resources
About FP&M Employee Recognition
Nominate a Facilities Planning & Management employee or team for an employee recognition award | Now accepting nominations for the 2023 Awards
Award Announcement and Event
Award recipients will be announced at the Awards event on July 18, 2022. See details above.
Nominate online for 2023
Nominating an FP&M employee online is easy and efficient.
Learn more about how to submit a winning nomination.
Fill out a paper form to nominate
Download the fillable nomination form or ask your supervisor for a paper copy. Paper forms are available in:
What is FP&M?
The University of Wisconsin-Madison Division of Facilities Planning & Management (FP&M) is a full-spectrum service organization that builds, maintains, and operates the physical environment of the UW-Madison campus in support of the university’s education, research, and outreach activities.
FP&M works behind the scenes to coordinate campus planning, manage design and construction, maintain and operate buildings and grounds, supply utility services, ensure health and safety, and provide parking and transportation services.
FP&M’s campus customers include anyone who works, studies, visits, or lives on campus.
The FP&M Employee Recognition Awards are one way to thank and recognize extraordinary efforts and are organized each year by the Employee Recognition Committee.
Have a question? Reach out to one of the FP&M Employee Recognition committee members for help:
Karen Demick, co-chair | Environment, Health & Safety
Donovan Kron, co-chair | Facility Planning & Delivery
Johnny Lohrentz |
Lauren Hawley | Transportation Services
Louise Meske |
Environment, Health & Safety
Alicia Meyer |
Office of the AVC
Marvin Hughes |
Alexandria Steinert |
John P. Anderson |