It is very important to log furlough days properly for compliance reasons. Logging furlough time is different for University Staff and Academic staff. See instructions for each, below. Also see important timing for all employees to be aware of, located at the end of this post.
UNIVERSITY STAFF: HOW TO LOG FURLOUGH TIME
Use Time Sheet Tracking to enter leave.
- Go to Inside FP&M > Tools > Time Sheet Tracking
- Use furlough code “LWOPF” on the daily time screen in Time Tracking.
ACADEMIC STAFF PAID MONTHLY: HOW TO LOG FURLOUGH TIME
USE MyUW TO ENTER LEAVE, TIME, and ABSENCES
Update 6/16/20: Academic staff are now able to record furlough in one-hour increments and must use different codes: refer to new information for Academic Staff to Log Their Furlough Time.
Furlough should be entered as soon as it is taken. The monthly payroll calculation dates vary every month.
- Furlough must be entered and approved one day before the payroll calc date to ensure the furlough deduction is taken on the correct check.
- Furlough taken in May must be entered and approved by 05/20/20.
- Furlough taken in June must be entered and approved by 06/17/20.
- Furlough taken in July must be entered and approved by 07/15/20.
- Furlough taken in August must be entered and approved by 08/24/20.
- Furlough taken in September must be entered and approved by 09/23/20.
If you have questions on furlough entry, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.