See the message from Donovan Kron and Karen Demick:
We are excited to kick off the 2023 Facilities Planning & Management Employee Recognition Awards Nomination drive. The awards act as a beacon to acknowledge the importance of our employees and remind us to recognize staff contributions. Our yearly awards celebration is a culmination of the people and the work that help keep our campus running 24/7/365.
Whose efforts stood out in the past year? Or whose efforts “flew under the radar” but should be recognized? This is where you come in. We would like to ask each of you to consider nominating an FP&M employee or team by March 24, 2023.
- All FP&M employees are eligible to be nominated and receive an award.
- Award recipients are recognized at the annual Recognition event and receive a monetary prize and framed award certificate.
- Others who are nominated become a part of our Honor Roll at the awards celebration and will later receive a copy of your nomination. Who doesn’t like a nice surprise?
- Choose from five award categories.
- Individual employees, teams, and workgroups can be nominated for an award — even if they have been nominated in the past.
- You may choose to nominate someone from another department or your own; but cannot nominate yourself or recognition team members.
- Supervisors can nominate employees or fellow co-workers.
- Employees can nominate fellow co-workers, teammates, or supervisors.
- Details are key. The more examples of great efforts you add to an award nomination, the better prepared the committee can be when they meet to select just five to receive an award out of the many nominated!
- You can help tell the story of great work through the lens of your unit.
More than just a shout-out
You may know about Shout-Outs for staff in the FP&M employee newsletter. You may have even submitted a shout-out (thank you) or received one (way to go)! Kind words help to celebrate the everyday actions and important work of FP&M employees in the moment.
Think of a Recognition Award as a super shout-out. Like a shout-out, but bigger. A recognition award does not happen everyday. It’s about what happens over time. The Employee Recognition Awards showcase diverse, noteworthy contributions and recognize FP&M employees exceeding the expectations of their position. Your award nomination helps to celebrate and shine light on those who have been going above and beyond consistently. A winning award nomination has many details to back it up. Employees who receive an award have showed dedication and great work time and again.
Thank you again to last year’s 2022 award winners: Clay Eckstein (Customer Service Award), Megha Poudel (Unsung Individual Award), Elizabeth Oseid (Going Above and Beyond), Alex Pastena (Creative Solutions Award); Frank Horton and Kevin Steele (Teamwork Award); and Space Management Team (AVC Excellence Award). Let’s keep up the awesome nominations and aim for more this year!
Who will be awarded in 2023?
That is up to you!
There are five types of awards given each year. You can nominate FP&M employees for one or more awards in the following award categories:
- Teamwork Award – for those who work together to achieve a common goal
- Customer Service Award – for those who build positive relationships and give customers (internal or campus colleagues) more than what they expect
- Going Above and Beyond Award – for those who contribute beyond their job description
- Unsung Individual Award – for those who have made significant everyday contributions to their workplace and UW–Madison
- Creative Solutions Award – for those who use inventive solutions to improve ideas or processes.
- To recognize a coworker for their work
- To engage in something well-meaning and inclusive
- To help educate each other about the diverse work and people of FP&M
- To show gratitude for those who represent FP&M with excellence
Employees who were nominated in the past report feeling motivated, inspired, appreciated, and encouraged. When you are ready to nominate your coworker(s), please visit inside.fpm.wisc.edu/employee-recognition/nomination and give multiple examples of their efforts.
Nominations are due by March 24, 2023.
Nominate for an Award! Flyer (English) Español / Spanish Flyer Hmoob / Hmong Flyer
བོད་སྐད / Tibetan Flyer नेपाली / Nepali Flyer 中文 / Chinese Flyer
Print Version of Nomination Forms in Multiple Languages
English | Español / Spanish | Hmoob / Hmong | བོད་སྐད / Tibetan | नेपाली / Nepali | 中文 / Chinese
Have questions? Need help? Email our Recognition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out to recognition team members John P. Anderson, Karen Demick, Lauren Hawley, Chad Hellenbrand, Donovan Kron, John D. Lohrentz, Louise Meske, and Alexandria Steinert.
Your nomination can make a difference! Thank you for your consideration and participation to recognize the great work of FP&M employees by helping to tell their stories from the unique lens of your unit.
We look forward to seeing all of the nominations come in and celebrating your great work at the awards celebration in July.
Donovan Kron and Karen Demick
Employee Recognition Committee Co-Chairs